This guide may not be able to help everyone,
I will add more later..
ccminer for Allium releases
AMD Cards: (A little buggy right now.)
sgminer for Allium releases
Bat-file code for CCminer:
color 0A setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 ccminer-x64.exe --algo=allium -i 20 -o POOL_ADDRESS -u WALLET_ADDRESS --max-temp=85 pause
Bat-file code for SGminer:
color 0A setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 sgminer.exe--algorithm allium -o POOL_ADDRESS -u WALLET_ADDRESS -i 15 -p x pause
Most common problems if your bat-file closes instantly:
- Bat-file and ccminer file are not in the same folder,
- The name of the ccminer.exe/sgminer.exe file is written wrong,
- You have mistyped something in the code.
- Virus scanner is blocking ccminer/sgminer, You need to add an exception for the .exe either in your antivirus or windows defender.
Some important things to know:
- The -i # tag can vary depending on how much memory your gpu has and you can change it yourself to see what gives the best result. (Usually the minimum is 8 and maximum is 24)
- Your hashrate will go up around 500% with Allium compared to the old Scrypt-N Algorithm. For AMD cards you may only get a 200% boost until the current sgminer is fixed/updated.
- If you are still having trouble try to make a post on /r/Garlicoin or ask in Discord.
You do not need a new wallet for the Allium Algorithm.
Your old Garlicoin wallet will still work.
If you do need a wallet, You can use the links below.